Mizuho Economic Outlook & Analysis
Mizuho Economic Outlook & Analysis provides Outlooks on the Japanese economy every quarter and in-depth analyses on economic issues on a timely basis.
- Apr 10, 2018
- The rise of "familiar prices" is pushing down consumer spending -Households are sensitive to rising food and energy prices and practical price increases- (March 8, 2018)(PDF/201KB)
- Apr 3, 2018
- FY2017, FY2018, FY2019 Economic Outlook -While the global economy will continue to expand, keep a close eye upon shifts in the financial market- (February 15, 2018)(PDF/2.00MB)
- Mar 27, 2018
- Bank of Japan’s new leadership nomination underscores intention to maintain current monetary policy stance -Vice Governor Wakatabe emphasizes quantity but no change in policy direction- (February 20, 2018)(PDF/205KB)
- Mar 13, 2018
- FY2017, FY2018, FY2019 Economic Outlook -Firm outlook on both domestic and overseas economic growth remains unchanged- REVISED to reflect the 2nd QE for the Oct-Dec Qtr of 2017 (March 8, 2018)(PDF/250KB)
- Feb 27 2018
- New focus on inbound tourism and updates on estimated hotel shortages (January 26, 2018)(PDF/221KB)
MHRI Brief is a short report on the Japanese/global economies and financial markets.
- Apr 17, 2018
- The Japanese economy: topic of the month -Are we seeing signs of an end to the Global Trade Slowdown?- (April 17, 2018)(PDF/242KB)
- Mar 19, 2018
- FY2017 - FY2019 Economic Outlook -While the global economy will continue to expand, keep a close eye upon shifts in the financial market- (February 28, 2018)(PDF/193KB)
- Mar 19, 2018
- The Japanese economy: topic of the month -The necessary condition for further wage hikes- (March 15, 2018)(PDF/221KB)
- Feb 21, 2018
- The Japanese economy: topic of the month -Beware of uncertainty shocks- (February 16, 2018)(PDF/188KB)
- Jan 22, 2018
- The Japanese economy: topic of the month -Wages and disposable income- (January 18, 2018)(PDF/225KB)
Market Insight provides insightful viewpoints of our chief economist on the Japanese and global financial markets.
- Apr 9, 2018
- Kuroda's BOJ was at one with Abenomics, but 'Kuroda 2.0' could be ready to adapt (March 22, 2018)(PDF/319KB)
- Apr 4, 2018
- President Trump holds rallies to shore up his supporters (March 20, 2018)(PDF/193KB)
- Mar 1, 2018
- Three inconvenient impediments for Governor Kuroda (February 20, 2018)(PDF/229KB)
- Feb 28, 2018
- Is the dollar strong and the yen weak? Is the light red or green? (February 15, 2018)(PDF/225KB)
- Feb 15, 2018
- Will Japan’s asset investment conditions lead to a "true dawn" in 2018? (February 13, 2018)(PDF/266KB)
Monthly Economic Report
Fixed-point analysis of the Japanese economy and financial markets on a monthly basis.
Mizuho Research Paper
In-depth analysis on economy and finance of Japan and Asia.